There was a time I wanted to have a relationship. The heart falls hard. The relationship was not realistic. He wanted something else. I wanted the commitment. I felt a despair. Cried for days. Then I woke up one day and recognized what being single really means.
There are many women who write about being single. And they all have similar ideas about the happiness a woman can find being single.
Here are some of the reasons being single can bring you happiness.
- You don’t have to settle for a relationship out of loneliness
- You can still fulfill your dreams
- You can still love yourself
- You can travel when you have the desire to
- You can work on yourself
- No one is around to tell you when to go to bed
- You can sleep anywhere on your bed or the sofa
- You can put more time into friendships and family
- You can focus on your health-exercise and eating habits
- Being single allows you to learn about yourself!
Singleness does not define you, it does not have to determine if you are happy. Happiness is something you can reach for no matter your relationship status.
Here are some books I have read to help me work through my singleness.
Btw: I am still single and don’t plan on changing that!
- The single woman, Mandy Hale
- Single, the art of being satisfied, fulfilled and independent, Judy Ford
- On my Own, Florence Falk
- A woman Alone, Travel Tales Around the World. Faith Conlon, Ingrid Emerick, Christina Henry de Tessan
Your Shopping Wishes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.